Friday 1 July 2011

A new thing

Querent
Que"rent\, n. An inquirer. [Obs.] 

quaesitum [L.] that which is sought for; an object of search; the answer to a problem.


I've been blogging for a while now, under a different 'nom de guerre', an enterprise which has recently run aground. This blog is an attempt at something rather different, a blog based on issues rather than personality, substance over style (I hope!). I'll put forward my views on questions that concern me, in the hope of sparking some interesting discussion. I'm not out to convert anyone to my way of thinking, I simply want to hear the opinions of others, with a view, without wishing to sound too pretentious, of helping to foster a little understanding and enlightenment. And I'm as open to being enlightened as anyone, so if people have anything they'd like to talk about, please don't hesitate to leave a comment or e-mail me. Any responses to the questions are welcome, however critical or congratulatory, but, please, no personal abuse - I'm looking to generate light, not heat.
I hope to hear from all of you fellow citizens of cyberspace soon!


Best wishes
Querent

No comments:

Post a Comment